Landscape Maintenance Team Leader (year round)
YEAR ROUND POSITION OVERVIEW
The Landscape Maintenance Team Leader is an experienced landscaper who is able to work with minimal supervision. The position works as a member of the team and leads, directs and motivates the crew to complete jobs within specified hours and to exceed the customers’ expectations.
• Completes landscape maintenance duties such as mowing, hedge/shrub trimming, spring clean-ups, fall clean-ups, edging/mulching, pruning, etc.
• Completes the job in the most time-efficient manner meeting the company productivity targets while meeting our quality standards
• Routinely interacts with customers when working at job sites by answering questions, responding to customer requests, and ensuring the customer’s satisfaction throughout the project.
• Completes all details on the log sheets for each day’s work.
• Communicates well with all crew members, supervisor, and customers
• Maintains a clean and safe job site at all times
• Ensures that all equipment safety and maintenance procedures are followed and notifies management of needed repairs
• Briefs supervisors and makes recommendations on job status or customer concerns
• Operates a variety of mechanical equipment including but not limited to chainsaws, hedge clippers, commercial mowers, blowers, line trimmers, etc.
• Safely operates vehicles such as trucks and trailer combinations.
• Snow removal during the winter months.
KNOWLEDGE and EXPERIENCE
• This position requires a high school degree or GED, plus four years experience in the landscaping field.
• Experience as a foreman is preferred, however a very experienced installer/laborer wishing to make the transition from crew person to foreman will be considered.
• Strong oral and written communication skills, time management, job planning skills, problem solving skills and mechanical aptitude are a must.
• Clean driver’s license
• Snow plowing experience is a plus
• Positive attitude with appreciation and excitement towards the industry.
• Ability to work outdoors in all weather conditions and under seasonal pressure.
• Clean and professional appearance.
• Punctual and dependable.
• Willing to work in a smoke and drug free workplace
• Typical schedule is Monday-Friday 8:00 – 5/6pm; Saturday’s as required
• Paid weekly and direct deposit is available and recommended.
• We have weekly meetings to ensure effective communication within our company and discussions on safety are a top priority.
• Employees are considered an asset to our company and we prefer to promote within!
This is a full time year round hourly position with competitive pay and 40 hours per week. Benefits include: Vacation, Paid Holidays and Bonuses.
We are an equal opportunity employer and a drug free work place.
Rushville, New York