As a homeowner, you we know you have a already long list of things to do every fall before winter creeps in. Cleaning gutters to remove leaves, sticks, and debris should be a top priority on your fall checklist (if it isn’t already). Keeping leaves out of gutters is crucial to protecting the structure of your home and preventing costly repairs in the future. There are a number of reasons why cleaning your gutters is important, and we’ve outlined five of them below.
Cleaning your gutters will help:
- Prevent water damage. When gutters and downspouts are blocked with leaves and debris, rainwater may not drain properly. As water overflows from gutters, it can cause water damage on both the interior and exterior of your home.
- Protect your roof. Clogged gutters give rainwater nowhere to run. When water continues to flood over, it can leave a rotten or leaky roof in its wake.
- Keep pests from causing trouble. Gutters clogged with leaves can make desirable homes for rodents, birds, and insects. The last thing you want is a pest infestation in your home!
- Reduce the risk of a cracked foundation. When water is blocked from traveling away from your home, it can pool around the foundation of your house. This water can crack your foundation when it expands and freezes in the winter months.
- Save you money. Gutter and downspout cleaning can help prevent unexpected and expensive projects down the road. Taking preventive measures now can help minimize the likelihood of having to repair or replace your roof.
Now that you’re familiar with the importance of gutter cleaning, what’s next? While there’s no simple answer as to how often you should clean your gutters, clearing gutters every fall and spring can help alleviate the risk of a potential homeowner headache.
Don’t hesitate to call Second Look Maintenance, Inc if you have any questions or doubt about the condition or function of your gutters.
a. Debris will be removed by hand from all gutters and downspouts.
b. Rinse all gutters and downspouts with client supplied water source to ensure all areas are free flowing and in good repair.
c. Make minor necessary repairs to maintain free flowing, safe gutters and downspouts.
d. All debris will be removed from the site each day as the work is being performed.
e. Bent, broken or missing gutters runs are beyond repair and would be a replacement item. Second Look Maintenance does not offer gutter installation at this time however we do work with contractors and would be happy to get pricing as requested.